
We have had a little bit of a rough morning around here...actually it is a pretty typical day but I have less patience for it then usual. Cohen has been what I call a "turkey" this morning. That's the word that I try to push out of my mouth when I let him know he is really on my last nerve. There have probably been 20 instances this morning where he has disobeyed and/or just made a poor decision. Most of these decesions involve his best friend/foe Emery. Hence all the high pitched screams that have been heard bouncing of the walls all before lunch. After multiple time outs and being sent to bed(all different occasions) I went in his room to talk to him about how the day was going. He told me he would obey with a little smirk and he was allowed to come out and play as long as he didn't pester his sister. After a little playing we were sitting in the play room and I said "Cohen I am sorry I was so frustrated with you. It really upsets mommy when you continue to disobey and pester you sister after being asked not to." Cohen responded with "Okay, and I am sorry too." and things have been much more peaceful around here..(if peace includes a crying baby). This is just another sign that my little man is growing up. It's nice to know that even my little man can really appreciate the act of giving and recieving an apology.
No comments:
Post a Comment