Sunday, December 6, 2009

Just a little push

will make you get a whole lot done. Knowing that we have very little time before little Harper officially arrives into our family has really helped us to get motivated and get into the Christmas spirit early. We always like to get all of our Christmas stuff out the day after Thanksgiving but we have NEVER had all of the gifts wrapped and under the tree this soon. I am happy to say the shopping is done and we have just been trying to enjoy this beautiful time of year with the kids. We have managed to fit in a little road trip to Johnson City to see their lights and visit Santa and this weekend we went to Marble Falls to do the same. Unfortunatley I forgot to stick the battery in my camera last weekend when we went to Jonhson city but we had a great time there. The kids of course were nervous about Santa. Cohen couldn't decide if he was laughing or crying when Jay took him over to see Santa and get his candy cane. Santa and Mrs. Clause saw that Em would have nothing to do with them and very gently approached her. If you know Em you know she likes sweets like her momma(and every other kid I guess) so I was stunned when Santa held out a candy cane and she repeatedly said "NO, NO, No". We got lucky and cought the end of the Christmas parade while we were there and then headed home with two delirious kiddos! It was a lot of fun! Then this weekend we went to Marbel Falls, ate at the Blubonnet Cafe and walked through the trail of lights. Em was freezing so she stayed huddled up in Jays coat the whole time and Cohen ran around having a blast. There were no crowds (Unlike all the festivities here in Austin) so the kids had total freedom and really enjoyed it. So here we are one week to go before Harper comes to see us and we are in the midst of a very busy Christmas season. Four parties to go this week and then things will settled down a bit...Who am I kiddng! What a wonderful Christmas gift we are recieving this year!








4 comments:

JessBless said...

What fun!! Totally impressed by all you have done when 9 months pregnant. You are super mom. By the way, which did you like better: Johnston City or Marble Falls? Would like to take the kids but I only have time for one.

Amy said...

How did you do all that with just one week left before Harper's arrival??? You are amazing! Can't wait for that little one to arrive!

simply fabulous said...

Wow!!! It all looks so beautiful! You are sooo talented! I can't wait to meet sweet Harper! P.S. I was hoping you were going to name her that! It is so sweet!

Mrs. James said...

Hey guys! I just wanted to wish you luck on Monday, Jessica! I hope and pray everything will go smoothly for the both of you! I can't wait to see pictures of little Harper! The kids look great in these pictures! They seem like such good and sweet kids! And I'm so glad you posted pics of ya'lls place at Christmas time!! I've always been curious since I love this time of year so much! I just love seeing what others do! We miss you guys and wish to see you more often! Maybe we can stop by after the holiday rush if that's ok with ya'll? Love you all! Merry Christmas and enjoy just the FIVE of you! hehe!