Monday, September 21, 2009

Before and Afters of a Looooong Project

Really there is nothing huge about this little project that we have literally had going on for 6 months. But....we are so glad it is finally done and makes what felt like an apartment feel more like a home.

As for our room..we have had the furniture for a long time now but just needed a "little" color on the walls, some curtains, and a few things to hang. Again, I bought the stuff for the walls here and there months ago and a new bedspread about a year ago so this has been a slow transformation but it is finally basically complete and way more warm(and when you really spread it out it is almost like it costs nothing;)! I have to say I usually go a little more bold with colors but we think we may move in the next year or so so I had to play it safe. It still made a big difference:)
BEFORE


AFTER

BEFORE OTHER SIDE OF ROOM

AFTER..Not a huge change here but the curtains and a slight tint to the walls makes it much warmer!


6 months ago we had ceramic tile laid in our upstairs baths to replace the fancy linoleum that the builders put in (Thanks to a nice donation from the in laws!) Then we started painting....and Hubster was able to finally finish the painting in our bath two weekends ago. He painted our lovely oak cabinets a nice grayish color too and this weekend he framed the mirror. After a few Ikea shelves a couple of pictures that I probably bought a year ago(not kidding) and replacing the cheapy plastic hand towel holders I think it looks and feels a ton better!
I don't have any before of the bath but you can imagine, white linoleum, white walls, plastic towel holders, and no frame around the mirror or accessories...bla!






5 comments:

CM said...

Looks awesome! Can I please hire you to do our house? You and Jay have great taste!

Amy said...

Everything looks great!! I LOVE the gray cabinets in the bathroom!

Andrea said...

It all looks great! You have excellent taste!

simply fabulous said...

It all looks soooo good! You have such a good eye! I love it!

Tina & Scott said...

Jessica, it's Tina, Katie's sis in law! I LOVE what you've done to your room and bathroom! Please let me know where you got your black and white towels! I have black, white, and a deep blue going on in our guest bath and want to spice it up some more! my emailis tinachessher@yahoo.com
we also want to paint our guest bath's cabinets black...it wasn't too hard, was it??? so fun!