Thursday, July 23, 2009

So Much So Fast


Our Baby Girl is 1 1/2 years old? How can this be? Emery is such a sweet and fun girl. She IS starting to hold her own and trying to show us who is boss lately but all in all she is usually a pretty easy going , happy , and sweet girl. She loves to play dress up and pretend she is going to the store. She loves to swim and play chase and cars with her brother. And she of course adores Cohen more than anything. She is still an awesome sleeper(even when her brother is screaming in the room next door) and can usually out eat him at every meal...but that isn't saying much! She can sign more, please, milk and help and her vocabulary is growing every day. These days she can say momma, dada, Chacho, fish, turtle, ball, bubble, byebye, hello, hi,cheese and then she makes this one funny little noise "unchs" for just about everything else.

And then there is Cohen:
In the last two weeks he has become paci free and has been very successful with potty training! We have approached potty training in a very slow "he will when he is ready" kind of way. So for the last few months every now and then he would "go" when we asked him to. Well all of a sudden this week he didn't want anything to do with diapers. Monday on the way out the door to run errands he refused to wear a diaper and said "no I am going to wear underwear, diapers are for babies". I hesitated to go with it since we were going to be out for a bit but we braved it and he did awesome. So besides naps and bed time we seem to be diaper free!!! Now his new thing is he likes to check out the public restrooms whether he needs to go or not. I am soo proud of him for taking these big steps and yet it makes me a little sad to see him turning into a "big boy". Here are a few funny things he said yesterday...I wish I could always remember to write these things down..

While eating Bunny Grahams(the supposedly healthy version of Teddy Grahams):
"Hey guys, you bunnies want to get in my mouth? O.K. Hop in. Boing!"


Oh..that reminds me of a few weeks ago when he was eating green olives with pimentos and he pointed them at each other(meaning pimentos facing) and said
"What ya lookin at olive?" That one killed me....you had to be there...

Yesterday when I put him down for a nap in his diaper:
"Mommmyyyyyyy, No more diapers for meeeeeeeee. Mommmmy, No more diapers for me. I wear big boy underweeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrr." It's like he thought he was politely reminding me but really he has just been fighting his naps all week!


Last night before dinner:
"Daddy(in a very serious voice) if you need to go Tee Tee go ahead! No No I said that wrong....Daddy, if you need to Tee Tee just ask and I will take you."

He says the funniest things every day and we are always amazed at what he catches onto. Today he had a shirt on and pointed out all of the letters on it. He has been learning his letters well lately but upside down? I didn't teach him that!


4 comments:

Beth Hames said...

Haha! Those poor bunnies...

simply fabulous said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Mo Mo can't wait to see you!!
Love the pics.

jeanette said...

of course upside down...that's how he sees them on his shirt when he reads them! What a memory...
your kids are precious, Jessica. They grow sooo fast. I can't believe Chris' Caleb is 3 and Don's Makena is 12 weeks. You can see pics of them on Steph's & Tianay's blogs: http://stephaniecarrollsblog.blogspot.com http://conversationswiththecarrolls.blogspot.com BTW...Marcus walks for his Masters in info systems @ Tarleton on Aug 15. Take care of those little ones...and the big one too! :)