Thursday, March 27, 2008

Milestones

Within the last couple of weeks the kiddos have turned 18 mnths and 2 mnths old. It is soo very hard to believe that we have two kids and it is even harder to believe how close they are..(in age that is). I was thankfully laughing about it as I was trying to carry them both downstairs at the same time the other day because I was in a hurry and Cohen takes ohh about 4 to five minutes to eventually reach the first floor by himself ( He gets distracted along the way!) As much as I have always wanted to be a mom I guess waiting until I was in my thirties has made it harder for me to actually picture myself doing it much less doing it! Do you know what I mean? Anyway.....enough about that here is the latest update on the babies!
Cohen is 18 mnths old!
Height 31.5 inches (25%-50%)
Weight 19 pounds (<3%)
Head 50 cm (95%) yea, that's right he is skinny but smart!!

Cohens speach has skyrocketed lately. He has always been a babbler and usually reserves most of is talking for when he is at home but here are the words he is saying these days. Now some of these he has only said once but I figure if he can say it once he can do it again right? bubble, bee, no, baby, tree, tractor, cat, dog, Chacho(our dog), momma, dada, daddy, weee, whoa(are those words?), wow, moon, spoon, cracker, car, truck, ball, bar(for fruit bar not place to unwind after a day of being mommy), trash, poo poo, shew(as in shoo wee with nose pinching), shoes, socks, diaper, chair, choo choo, beep beep, more cheese, go, teeth(loves to brush by hiself!), bye, bye, hi, hello, fish, I dun know, Ta da, dirt, duck, rock, please, play, crash(says this one all day while playing with his cars)and book. It is soo hard to believe our little boy is 1 1/2 already. He is starting to look more and more like a boy instead of a baby. He has handled becoming a big brother very well thankfully. I have to say he doesn't like it when I take him to mother's day out since she arrived but as soon as I dissapear he has fun.. I think he wonders why he has to go but Emery gets to stay with mommy! Next..............

Emery Jane turned two months old on the 21st. She got her first shots and screamed like a girl!! No really, she did that whole silent scream with her head turnng purple thing. Thankfully Andrea was able to watch Cohen for me during that event because I would have had to console the both of them I'm sure. Emery is becoming more and more fun every day. She had been smiling for a few weeks and in just the past 2 weeks has started cooing and giggling. The smiling and coos really make the lack of sleep worth it. All in all she is a much easier baby than Cogie was. She will actually lay and play on her own and sleep more than an hour through the night at a time! Actually she will sleep 3 to four hours at a time during the night which is great compared to our first experience so I will take it!!! We are having a problem with naps during the day. Unfortunately she too is a cat napper so we will deperately do anything to get her to sleep. Jay had her on the running washing machine in her swing the other day and then in the guest bath with the fan on and the light off... Yes, we are desperate for a break on occasion but she is really a sweet girl. Here are her stats..............
9 wks/two months
height 22 1/4 inches (50%)
weight 10.2 lbs (<50%)
Head 39 cm (>50%)
She sits in the bumbo really well for her age. She smiles, coos, giggles, and toots a lot and very loudly! She will someday hate me for that! But really I heard it one day when she was downstairs and I was up....I was impressed or embarrased or something. She is not lifting her head yet while laying on her tummy so we need to focus on more tummy time. It is hard to remember to fit that in with Cogie running around her but we have to do it!! Dr. Patil said she holds her head up (while sitting) very well for two months and has "beautiful tracking" with her eyes. All in all she is doing fabulous....just can't wait for those full nights of sleep! Here are some pics of our little blessings at 18 & 2 mnths..................

2 comments:

CM said...

I love Cohen's skinny little legs in that video. SO CUTE!!! I think he probably gets more out of the johnny jump up than the little babies do - he's figured out how to get air with it. Sweet kiddos you have!

Whitney said...

I'm glad you post so many pictures! It's nice for the people that don't live near you & don't get to see your kids very often! Glad to hear that both kids are growing & doing well!