Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lately

Cohen turned 4!  His mommy thinks he is super smart and a great artist!  It was a race car party with a "race track" in the back yard.

We painted red stripes for the track, had cones, and checkered flags galore.

This is  typically what happens when the first brisk morning of fall hits at our house.  I had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the outfit.  He woke up, decided it was a little too chilly for his liking and came up with this fatastic getup(gloves included) as a side note...it was probably in the lower 70's;)


We also bought a super pimp ride!  After pinky swearing and saying "never" 14 years ago when we were just dating of course..we caved and are actually super excited to have a super kid friendly car. After having a patient tell me that he told his wife if she didn't want to look like she had kids she shouldn't take them anywhere..I decided I too should embrace ALL the "mommy ish" things of motherhood.   Nothing better than those sliding doors..ahhhhh

My hard working hardly ever home husband won us the honor of "yard of the month".  Can't tell so much from this pic but he does a real nice job of keeping it native and tidy!


We sold the wagon...(my attempt at not being mommyish yet having room for babies)  We bought this while we were in the hospital right after we had Emery..Chalk it up to another one of the dumbest financial mistakes of our marriage.  Peace out Wagon!  You sure are cute though;)



We went to our friend Maddy's birthday party in Boerne.  I didn't get a pic of her and Harper together but they were super cute and got to ride together in the little red wagon all over miss Maddy's grandparents great place!  



They also had a huge sandbox..

A fun swing for Harper...

And we all had a nice relaxing time celebrating a sweet little friend of Harpers..she just doesn't know it yet.

We did the pumkin patch thing...of course we ended up having to go on a saterday afternoon with everyone else in central texas but it is always a neat experience for the kids.  We typically just run around and take pics and buy pumkins but we are hoping to take advantage of all the extra stuff next year..like face painting, horse rides, and hay rides oh my!


Our little pumkin..

Check out that face...Go Cohen..

The girls liked their "baby pumpkins"!


I wonder where she would take him if she could...?

Ehe...not so sure about this mom...


I thought my kids had big heads?  I suppose this one was for the grown ups...I hope they have one for 3 next year...

Pumpkin pickin

Ahh  a pink one for Em...We hadn't seen this one before..A lovely little surprise for Em before we left..

And C


Precious tired girl from her Partying Pumkin Pickin Day..

My boy looks soo old in this one...We stopped to eat as usual in Marble Falls and C is checking out the lake.

E wanted to but the sun didn't let her..

We stayed up late so we could get the pumkin carved with Daddy this year..Cohen picked a bat..

The kids are not fans of the goey pumkin guts but they just loved to watch Jay carve away..

We were all super tired from a long busy day but it was all worth it.  This looks sweet but Em was picking my face and H was of course pulling my hair..

2 comments:

Dave, Stef and Ave said...

What a precious family (I think I say that every time, but it's so true)! Love you guys and sorry to miss you this weekend! Would have enjoyed it!

twarpula said...

LOVE Cohen's cake!! What a cute idea. Funny we just sold our Odyssey yesterday- it was our 2nd one. Now I have a big gas guzzler that won't fit in the garage. ha! I think you'll enjoy your new van. There is something to be said for the sliding doors, def. a bonus with lots of little kids. :)