Monday, August 30, 2010

Staycay

A month ago we had some time off from work and tried to work in a little R & R. We started the week off with lots of family fun and tried to work in some things around town that have a hard time fitting into our weekends. Like going to the childrens museum...... Here are C and E cooking up a storm on the grill.
Stuffing a "pinata"
our 3 man band...Is she singing or shushing?
A lesson in cow milking..reminded us of an intersting set of questions from Cohen recently.
The kids in the craft zone...There are tons of little recycled items to choose from to make whatever your little heart desires.

Then we headed to Barton Creek Resort to check in and get ready for a quiet dinner.  I can't figure out who Jay was talking to in this picture but he sure does look relaxed and ready to enjoy a few kid free days eh?
This was the view from our room.  It really did feel like we were out of town.
We went to a beautiful Italian restaraunt in the hill country wich is just a few miles from our little plot of land;)
We pretty much just ate and slept for several days and I don't know if I am good at that anymore.  It is so strange to not have short needy people around me that I almost don't know what to do with myself.  I suppose that is why we should do things like this more often?  On the last day of our stay at the hotel the kids cam up to swim with us.
Somewhere in there we threw in a trip to the ranch to check out the new animals...

Like Lemers and monkeys...and the main attraction the tigers..(I forgot to get a pic of those)
And then things got back to normal for us!

No comments: