Wednesday, January 13, 2010
On our toes..
This little girl likes to keep us on our toes...Harper has been sneezing and coughing for several days now but as of early this evening she had a fever. Thankfully I had been reminded last week by the pediatrtion that if a baby under 6 weeks old gets a fever of 100.5 or higher they have to be admitted to the hopital...ugh..Not again please. Unfortunately when we took her temp it was all over the place so I didn't feel comfortable taking her to the E.R when we had no idea if it was really in the "dangerous zone". They do lovely things like a spinal tap when you take a 4 week old to the E.R. So I took her to a little clinic around the corner to ease my heart and concerns and they didn't do that at all. They told me to take her to the E.R. so they could check her for essentially everything that a fever could be a sign of. If this were my first baby I probably would have accepted an ambulanace ride and gone straight there but I think this is overkill. I went home, we talked to the pediatrition on call at our office (they had me take her temp again while on the phone and it was 99.4) and we will be taking her in to see them in the morning if tonight goes o.k. There are all of these little things that they look for and really if she didn't have a slight fever they wouldn't be concerned but everyone has to cover their butt. So anyway, please pray that she kicks this fever overnight and that we don't have to have another little visit to Dell. It is a nice place and all, but...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am praying you don't have to go. I like the place too, but it still sucks to have to take your kid there ...
We're saying our prayers!
Post a Comment