Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall 09'

I can't believe Oct. is over already....We got a little bit of a late start on the fall festivities but managed to crunch them in either way. We usually try to make it to the awesome pumkin patch in Marble falls but this year couldn't find a good weekend so we decided to make a trip to Frederickburg one Sat. afternoon to look for pumpkins at the Wildflower Center(They said they had a ton of pumkins;) It just so happens that we have been wanting to visit and pick up some wildflower seeds so we went for it. Turns out they had mostly "fancy" pumkins not the good ol' jackolatern kind but we enjoyed our quick little day trip non the less. We bought a couple of wildflower seeds, took a stroll around downtown , ate at a little pizza joint, and then headed home. It was a later than normal night for the kiddos but they seemed to enjoy it and did well!
The next day we just headed over to a little pumpkin patch that a local church had set up as a fundraiser. The kids had fun running around and picking out a little pumkin each and then our Jackolantern pumpkin. The kids and I carved one day while Jay was at work and I couldn't get Cohen to stick his hand in the pumkin for anything! He did stick a spatula in for a second but continued to let me know that it was "nasty". I once again attempted to roast the pumpkin sees but can't seem to get it right...Maybe next year;)
Later that night Jay's mom and aunt Kathy came to help us out with the kids while our nanny was on vacation for the week. The kids had a blast and the older ones did too! Then we headed to Ft.Worth on Friday after work to visit Pops, my brother and his family, my sister and my grandma(GI GI to the kids). Cohen, Emery, and their sweet cousin Harleigh went trick or treating around the neighborhood and I have to say that I was shocked at how Cohen just ran up to the houses. He wouldn't say a word but he knew what to do. Actually at one of the first homes he attempted to open the door while Harleigh rang the doorbell. I guess even a timid kiddo will do anything for candy! We celebrated a small early Thanksgiving at Pops house too since we won't be able to travel for the holidays due to the little gal in my belly!
All in all it has been a super busy, super blessed fall for our little family and we are looking forward to the holidays and our Big Christmas present that is soon to arrive!!!





2 comments:

simply fabulous said...

I can't wait to see the Christmas present that will be here SOON!!!

Chantal said...

You guys have the most adorable little family! Any names picked out for the newest princess?