Thursday, April 9, 2009

A "Vacation Day"




So I took a day off from work today so that I could get some things done, rest(HA), and prepare for the Easter weekend. Does this sound like a vacation day?
6:30 a.m. Alarm goes off-hit snooze

6:35 a.m. Alarm-acknowledge alarm for real and get up
6:40 a.m. breakfast and 2 cups of coffee
7:15 out the door for a 30 min walk without the kids...(Jay was still home) I was soo fast without that double stroller and 50 lbs of kids up ahead!
Shower, dress, put my "mask" on

Run throught the to do list and organize checks to deposit, prepare grocery list, costco list, and make a note to remember to ask to borrow a pac n play and go pick it up, gather reciepts for returns and pack a bag for Cohen.

Clean up the kitchen while waiting for the tile guys to arrive

10:00 Head out for a quick run by the office and off to the Imax (Under the Sea 3D)with Cohen.

11:00 Comforted my poor son throught most of the show. He wasn't super fond of the snakes and fish jumping into the audience. He actually did seem to have fun but he sat in my lap with the glasses off a lot. The picture above says it all! A little shopping for Cohen in the gift shop.
12:00 Headed to Chuck E Cheese, no headed to Gatti Town, no how about Shady Grove( I guess I had had enough of bus loads of kids at the Imax)

1:30 arrive home, gathered up some things, head to the car..car won't start...this is the same thing that happened the last time I took a day off except it was in the middle of the road. I called Jay, gathered myself and got the keys to the Jeep rotting away in the garage because we can't sell it(another story). Guess what...no gas in the jeep..Did I say I took the day off so I could accomplish some things?

1:40 Get gas, head to take back an Easter dress for Emmie, search for a new one...Oh..find out we need two more tiles within the hour. Thankfully Jay would shortly be on his way to get a new battery and will stop by home depot. Then I notice both stickers on the Jeep are expired, the registration is laying in the floor board so I go to get it inspected..."Mam I just want to let you know it will be about an hour". Lets see I have run one errand thus far and it is 2:30 already? How often do I have a sitter at the house and get to do this stuff....not often of course.

2:30 pull out of the car shop on a mission to cash my check and go to another bank to deposit this bond thing that my grandma gets for the kids for their birthdays. I see the bank across the street....It starts raining....I have horrible wipers on the Jeep so I must go home.....

Oh...well I can pack for the trip, clean the house and do laundry at least. Right? Ahhhh....Vacation Days! Ohh..and I forgot to pick up the pac n play tonight too!


Well, all that being said at least I had the time and the freedom to take Cohen on a date. Every once in a while we need some alone time and I can always tell a difference for a while. I have had lots of "I uve you mommy's" today and hugs and kisses from my sweet boy and that puts it all into perspective. I wouldn't trade my crazy day for a thing! Now...I need to go pack.


I have attached a video of the way the house looks once the kids are in bed resting peacfully. Tonights video will spare you the usual kitchen disaster because we ate leftovers from our lunches so there was no cooking. I have told a few of you that I was tempted to do this so that maybe we could all just relax when we think about having people over. To be honest a lot of the time it looks worse but and you can't see it Mrs. Amy did a little vaccuuming and sweeping for me today since Cohen was with me! I am just going to assume this is how your house usually looks too. Note...I did not take you upstairs!







1 comment:

Ashley said...

I keep looking at that picture of Cohen with the goggles anytime I need a pick-me-up. It makes me giggle out loud every single time I look at it - even when I scroll away from it and then back down. So cute!