Every day Cohen suprises us with his knowledge of the world around him. For instance he is learning the concept of empathy for others. The other evening Jay was bathing him and I was getting Em dressed for bed and she was not very happy about it. Cohen asked Jay "what's wrong with "Emwy" and Jay responded with "well, she is probably upset because it is past her bedtime and she didn't eat a very good dinner". Cohen then responded in a sweet little grumbly voice "maybe I should go play peek a boo bif her to make her feel bedder". Then tonight Em was fussing in the backseat and Cohen said "Emwy do this" and started making clicking noises with his tongue and said "it will make you feel better". Sure enough she started clicking away and giggling! This whole empathy could really help me out!!
And then there is "Cowafornia". This has nothing to do with Cohen being sweet to his sister but it just cracked us up. I was kissing him good night and telling him that I loved him and that I was so excited to get to stay home with him tomorrow and he said "we're goin go to Cowafornia". Jay and I were both suprised that he even knew the word California because it isn't a word that we can recall every mentioning to him. Jay said "what, why would you go to California and who is in California?" Cohen responded with yes you guessed it "Cows are in Cowifornia". I can only guess he saw that dairy commercial about the happy cows in California or that Miss Amy is teaching him things but it is so fun to hear what he has to say these days!! Of course we were cracking up and he started laughing and he commented on how "that was funny". I don't think we can make it to Cowafornia tomorrow though Cogie..maybe someday!
4 comments:
That Cowifornia bit cracks me up! And he has a really sweet nature to help Emery out like that. It's so special to start hearing what he's thinking about and feeling.
That's hilarious! I could just see him saying all these things.
So funny! It is good that you are documenting these instances. If you are like me, you forget from day to day and these conversations are priceless. Your kids are adorable, I hope to meet them some day!
Cohen is so sweet!!!
Post a Comment