
A good cuddle with Pops(my dad)

Yum Yum

Emery and her Aunt Lauren(my sis)

Peek A Boo with Gi Gi(my grandma)

Our Happy Girl

Cohen was doing some x-game tricks on this horse for about 30 min. It was hilarious! How do boys just know how to do this stuff? Of course we didn't get a good shot of it.

Emmie and my aunt Nanie, Emmie looks alot like me in one of my baby pics here( I guess I will have to search for it now to compare).

On the road trip out of west tx this is what we saw.....
tons of wind turbins along the vistas


I like the 1st pic because of the contrast between the "good ol" pumpjack and the "green" turbins(if only it wasn't taken through a bug splattered window with our not so fancy camera)
And tons of beer drinking mullets at every convenience store. This guy kept giving me the "How are you doin" look even when it was obvious that I had two kids in the back and was waiting on someone...classy!

I could have taken soo many humorous pics but I was afraid people would see me and beat me up!
Cohen drew this while in the backseat and started saying "I draw a strawberry mommy" (I wonder what came first?)

Last year we started what we would like to call a tradition of traveling through Fredricksburg and Johnson City on the way back to Austin after Thanksgiving. Johnson City puts on a pretty impressive light show with horse rides and Santa & Mrs. Claus. Emery was crashed out for some of it so we carried her in her seat for a while and Cohen of course wanted to have nothing to do with Santa unless he was far away. He wouldn't make eye contact with him so Santa just stood behind Jay so we could get our "picture with Santa". Santa did win some brownie points with Cohen when he gave him a candy cane though and now when we talk about Santa he talks about how Santa gave him candy. After all of the walking around in the bitter cold, picture taking, and candy cane eating, we loaded up.....the kids screamed for a while and then passed out cold. When we finally got home Cohen slept through Jay changing his clothes and diaper and looked soo cute with red evidence of candy cane all over his face. (I was too slow to get a picture of that)





We spent our sunday drinking coffee and listening to Christmas music while we decorated the tree and put up some lights outside. Cohen is really understanding more about the excitement of the season this year and it is fun to watch him get soo excited! Em on the other had just thinks we are all fun to watch and has been enjoying getting her hands on all of the "less fragil" ornaments that I put at the bottom of the tree.




1 comment:
What a great tradition! Mullet man = Gross!!!
Post a Comment