In the last 3 weeks we have been to South Padre, my mom came to visit,me and the kids went to Fort Worth, and now we are in Colorado! Yep...Colorado was our mystery anniversary trip that Jay planned for us! More on that to come....I think it was last tues...that the kids and I went to Ft. Worth to visit my dad, sister, and grandma while Jay had a confrence in Dallas. Dad took a week off so he could hang out with us and we ended up going to the zoo. My dad and I took Emery, Cohen, and my neice Harleigh. It was pretty crazy to take 3 kids to the zoo in the summer on 1/2 price day. Needless to say it was very hot and crowded but we actually managed to stay for almost 3 hours. I thought that was pretty good considering I toted Emery in the Bjourn and dad carried Cohen so he could actually see the animals. On thursday we headed back home to pack and leave friday morning for our trip to Colorado. Did I say "kid free" trip? Jay's parents are in Austin with the kids. That was a big step for me. I have only been away from the kiddos one night before so I was pretty anxious but so far so good. They seem to be doing well and I am enjoying not having to be on duty 24/7. Not to mention the absolute beauty of CO. The last time I was here was 11 years ago(with Jay) and I was amazed then and am still shocked at how awesome this place is. I would move here in a heartbeat if it wouldn't take us so far from our families. This morning it was a brisk 52 degrees and will warm up to the 70's later who hoo. We got into Denver friday morning drove around the city and stopped in downtown for some lunch and then headed to Keystone where we are staying. We have a view of snow capped mountains and pine trees. When we got to the lodge we took a little nap and then drove into Brekenridge to walk around and eat dinner. As we walked around town I spotted Dr. Travis Stork (from the bachelor). I wanted to ask for his pic but I couldn't get up the nerve since I didn't know his name at the time but I definately recognized him! Apparently he lives there. After a great dinner we drove back into Keystone and just took it easy. Saturday morning we got up had coffee and breakfast in a cute little shop and then rented mountain bikes so could go "hit the trails". We drove into Dillon to ride around the lake but come to find out there was a Breast cancer fundraiser walk around the lake and the trail was packed with Pink People. So we drove a little further into Frisco and unloaded there hopeing to avoid some of the people traffic. After about 30 minutes of bikeing we returned to the car already exhausted...sooo sad. I am hoping it was just an elevation issue but I guess we will find out today when we go for another ride! After the bike ride we headed to Vail to check it out and eat of course. It is so gorgeous!! It is as you would imagine pretty yuppy and expensive but it is a beautiful town and we found some T-shirts for 6.50 so we were excited! We of course stopped in for some Starbucks and then just enjoyed the views. We wanted to ride the Gondola but couldn't find it by foot so we just decided to head back to Keystone take a nap, go for a ride on the trail near the lodge stop in for pizza and then catch the end of the World Music Festival after stopping in for some chocolate at the chocolate shop. It was a nice relaxing day....So here we are this morning I think it is almost noon and I am still in my p.j.'s on my 3rd cup of coffee and Jay headed out to ride the ski lift up and ride back down on his bike. I thought I might attempt this but I think I will stick to the easy stuff again today. Well.....many hours later I am finishing this post. We went on another bike ride and I guess I am either in really bad shape or this whole elevation thing is still killing me. We biked 4 miles and then headed in TO EAT of course. We then decided to go back to Breckenride to look around some more. You could really blow some cash in these cute shops...so we decided to leave before we were tempted. We then headed back to the resort had a bite then Jay had to have a soak in the hot tub since he flew down the mountain this morning. He said at times he was going so fast he couldn't see because his eyes were jiggleing...uhh No Thanks...I am glad I passed on that one. Anyway..now it is time to go back to the heat but I think I am ready only because I miss my kids!! Thanks for a nice getaway babe!! I will try to post a couple of pics soon in celebration of our 6th anniversary!
2 comments:
Looks like lots of fun!
I can't believe how bitg they are both getting!!!
Post a Comment