So about 13 years ago when Jay and I were dating I thought it would be a GREAT IDEA to get him a pet when he moved into his 1st apartment. So one day I scanned the pet ads of the Odessa American to see what I could find. I came across an ad about some 3 week old kittens who's mom had been hit by a car. The kitten would have to be bottle fed but we had the time and the kitten was FREE. So this is how Fruitcake(the cat) came to be a part of our family. I have to say I had no clue I would have something to write about Fruitcake 13 years later. Well 10 days ago Fruitcake dissapeared. He has always been an indoor cat and was declawed 13 years ago since Jay lived in an apartment. I hate to admit it but as much as we hated to think that something horrible had happened to him we had moments of relief when we thought of not owning a cat anymore. I have decided I will never have another because I have enough mouths to feed and things to clean up after. So after a few searches and a lot of guilt we had pretty much come to accept the fact that he was gone and it probably didn't end so well for him. Well lo and behold guess who showed up at our back door this morning! Chacho let out a big growl at the door and in came Fruity, all matted and wet and he hasn't stopped Meowing.....He is soo happy to be home and other than losing some weight (which he needed to do) and some wear on his paws he seems to be in good shape. So UMMMMM welcome back Fruitcake? I have a feeling he won't leave the yard again and we probably have another 13 years of hair, and kitty litter in our future. Here are a couple of pics. One of him just fat and happy back in 04'and some from this morning when Jay was trying to clean him up. These are bad pics but he wouldn't stay still...........
PICS HAVE BEEN REMOVED DUE TO WHAT SOME WOULD SAY WERE INAPROPRIATE PHOTOS OF HUBBY
2 comments:
That's funny! If our cat got out and was missing for 10 days- I would go crazy. He is ALMOST as precious to us as Austin. Sad huh?
I'm glad you don't have to feel guilty anymore! Also, does Jay know you posted these pictures of him looking like he doesn't have any clothes on?
Post a Comment