Friday, February 29, 2008

Obsessions

Over the last few weeks Cohen has developed a couple of new Obsessions! The first is cars....and actually he has liked cars for a while now but he LOVES cars! He makes everything and anything go "vroom". I have to sneak the cars out of his hand before I put him down for his naps, and I have to make sure there isn't one in site or he will stand in his bed pointing at it instead of sleeping. As you can see from a couple of the pics...if he can roll a car on "it" he will!
He has also become a little obsessive compulsive about shutting doors and cleanliness(except when he is eating of course). If one of us leaves a door slightly cracked he finds it and shuts it(somewhat aggressively). In a way this is great because open doors and cabinets bother me too so maybe he won't be like his father in that respect. But...there is also this new thing about anything small on the floor. It doesn't matter if it is fuzz, a crumb, or a bug. If he spots it...(and he will!)...he will crouch down point and say uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, uh oh,.....you get the picture. He will do this until you remove the "item" most of the time. This is especially irritating when I have my hands full with Emery! So I am not so sure what to think about this new obsession...I already felt the pressure to keep a somewhat sanitary home but when your 17 mnth old points out your every flaw it is a little disturbing....I have a feeling there is a lot more of that to come!

4 comments:

Briana said...

That is hilarious! My little Bubba LOVES to play with the toilet and of course the flush handle, so that's what keeps our home clean ...

jonna said...

Cohen, Cohen, Cohen! Sadly, his cleaning obsession will end right about the time he could put it good use and help out around the house!

twarpula said...

How funny!! I love the one of him rolling the car over Emery. Cooper LOVES cars too and spends most of his days rolling them around the coffee table. His new obsession is turning on the water in my tub and then throwing in any towel, car, truck or anything he can get his hands on into the tub that is quickly filling with water. All while shouting "NO" "NO" "NO". UGH!! Got it on video today that will be my next blog. Its so funny.
-Tanya

Andrea said...

Too cute! And good for you that you got some time alone with him.